Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Crafting For Dolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dramamama321's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My daughter decided she wants me to make a section of her room into a room for Samantha. I've looked at the scenes and settings on ebay, but they price usually gets really high. Has anyone tried to make anything like it themselves? I'm thinking of trying but would love some tips if someone has made one themselves.

    Also, is there a place online to see a close up picture of the scenes. I looked at the pictures in Meg's amazing collector's guide, but I want to see more of the details.

    Anyone made anything else for their dolls? I'd love some ideas!

    Thanks!
    Tonya

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As a young girl, I loved paperdolls. I would pore over the magazines my mom got to find room settings that I liked, then cut out those pages and paste them onto cardboard (i.e. cereal boxes) and use them as my own "scenes and settings" for my paperdolls. [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe something similar would work for AG rooms - or at least for some of the room accessories!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dramamama321's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh! Where can I find Meg's doll rooms. I love instructions!

    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I don't know if it's being snowed in, but something has me feeling very crafty today!

    Thanks,
    Tonya

  4. #4
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the link, Tonya.....

    http://www.geocities.com/dan_and_meg/doll_rooms

    Have fun!!
    Joy

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dramamama321's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks a lot!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On the American Girls website, under "Fun for Girls" if you go into the historical collection and then go into each girls' "world," you'll find fairly large and clear pages of the scenes and settings. You can also zoom in on certain parts of them, such as Felicity's plantation scene's stable, house, and slave quarters. Also, you can see great versions of Josefina's house- it was obvious they had designed a Scenes and Settings for Josefina (because the types of scenes are the same as the other dolls, unlike Kaya or Kit), but never released it. That's the clearest versions I've found, and the website explains a lot of the important details about each scene.

    That's what I'm planning on using to paint my own backdrops and design the interior of my doll house cabinet.

    You might also want to check out Meg's doll rooms if you haven't already done so- they're really great and she gives complete instructions!

  7. #7
    swazini
    Guest swazini's Avatar

    Post

    Tonya,

    When I saw Meg's rooms I wanted to make the same for some of my dolls but I didn't have the room or the money to spend so I improvised. I bought one of those science project boards to use as a backdrop. You can see Josefina's room in my photo album under "Josefina" I also made a room for Samantha but I don't think I posted a picture. You can paint the board, "wallpaper" it with scrapbooking paper, I even super glued on a wooden shelf. A few touches here and there and it will look great. It was a very cheap way for me to display my dolls. Let us know what you and your daughter do!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dramamama321's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a great idea. I love what Meg did, but I don't have that kind of space in my apartment. I think I'll give your idea a try. It would also be something my daughter could more easily take part in.

    Tonya

  9. #9
    swazini
    Guest swazini's Avatar

    Post

    Ok, I loaded the picture of Sam's room, click below:

    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...56&uid=1002424

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Susan - cool idea to use a science project board. A relatively inexpensive way to get a nice background. May have to have the girls try that...bet they would think it was great fun drecorating one too!

    Bonnie

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ January 17, 2004 08:18 PM: Message edited by: bekeating ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •